The doctors who run this laboratory are specialists in sleep disorders, active members of the Australasian Sleep Association.
Your GP can arrange a sleep study directly, however it may well be appropriate to have a specialist consultation, particularly if:
- your daytime sleepiness is severe.
- you have had a fall asleep motor vehicle accident or been frightened by dozing while driving.
- you need to stay alert at work: with power tools or at a height.
- other medical problems exist, made worse by sleep apnoea: diabetes, difficult to treat hypertension or heart problems.
- your symptoms started without the usual issues such as significant weight gain or when a woman goes through the menopause.
Dr Allan Finnimore FRACP, Dr Robyn O’Sullivan FRACP
Associates: Dr Katherine Semple FRACP, Dr Rachel Thomson FRACP, Dr Miriam Vassallo FRACP, Dr Sophie Williams FRACP, Dr Dinithi Samaratunga FRACP and Dr Tim Edwards FRACP.
Sleep Care Laboratories
Sunnybank Sleep Investigation Centre,
Greenslopes Sleep Investigation Centre
Saint Andrews Place Sleep Investigation Centre